If you answer yes to even one of these questions you may be in an abusive relationship.
Does your spouse:
- Embarrass you or put you down in front of friends and family?
- Make crude remarks about you to others
- Criticize you sexually
- Withhold sex and affection to get what his/her way?
- Look at you or act in ways that scare you?
- Make you feel like you are unable to make decisions?
- Use intimidation or threats to gain compliance?
- Tell you that you are nothing without them?
- Blame you for how they feel or act?
- Make all the financial decisions?
- Prevent you from getting a job?
- Prevent you from participating in activities you enjoy?
- Prevent you from spending time with your friends and family?
- Treat you roughly?
- Text, call, or IM an excessive amount?
- Threaten to hurt or kill you?
- Have to make excuses for your spouse’s behavior?
- Believe you have to change to help your spouse?
- Feel like you partner will never be happy with you?
- Fear what your spouse will do next?