If you answer yes to even one of these questions your spouse may be abusing your child.
Does your child:
- Never seem to want to come home?
- Seem excessively passive or withdrawn?
- Seem as though he/she is always preparing for something bad to happen?
- Consistently say he/she does not like your spouse?
- Have trouble sleeping?
- Often speak of running away?
- Have bruises, burns, and or scratches he/she cannot explain?
- Demonstrate sexual knowledge beyond what is expected for his/her age?
Does your spouse:
- Show little concern for your child?
- Blame your child for his/her problems at school or at home?
- View the child as insignificant and or burdensome?
- Seem excessively overbearing?
- Demand a level of physical or academic performance beyond your child’s level?
Do your spouse and your child:
- Rarely touch or look at each other?
- Rarely do “fun” activities together?