What are the basic requirements of seeking attorney’s fees in Florida?
- The basic requirements that must be met to seek or obtain attorney’s fees are:
- The parties must be in a marital relationship;
- The court must have jurisdiction over the party which is ordered to pay the attorney’s fee award
- The party requesting attorney’s fees must do so prior to the final judgment; and
- The demonstrated financial need of one party and the demonstrated financial ability of the other to pay attorney’s fees.
Back to Attorney’s Fees FAQs